At Paramount we are committed to creating and cultivating a culture of PEACE.
Director of Accounting & Controller
This position will report to the VP, Finance & Accounting and will be responsible for leading in areas such as technical accounting, month-end close processes, general ledger compliance, tax compliance and financial statement preparation. A key focus of the role will be to establish consistent and standardized practices surrounding the accounting function while driving effective internal controls and fiduciary accountability for all areas of the Company.
In the role, the Director of Accounting & Controller will interact regularly with other corporate functions and proactively support operational teams that assist in daily decision making. This position will provide the insight and the technical acumen to produce robust financial reporting and strategic accounting initiatives. Additionally, the role is responsible for providing accurate, intuitive, and timely month-end reporting in accordance with GAAP, the monitoring of key performance measures and risk mitigation to assist in ensuring that the business achieves its financial objectives. The successful candidate will have experience directing all aspects of accounting in a fast paced, high growth environment while possessing the senior leadership profile to progress further in the finance team.
Accounting & Control
- Manage the monthly close cycle while assisting in the lead of making accounting decisions in accordance with US GAAP related to general ledger maintenance and account reconciliations
- Establish, monitor and enforce effective policies and procedures to ensure flawless guidance surrounding month-end, general ledger, inventory, fixed asset, customer reporting, billing and collection efforts
- Produce and present timely and accurate consolidated financial statements and board decks within strict deadlines, multiple entities and supplemental reporting demands
- Maximize use of accounting and financial systems to ensure accuracy and integrity of financial information within the business
- Work closely with service and program management teams to maintain working knowledge of capital projects and their impact on all financial aspects of the company
- Assist external accounting firm engaged to perform reporting and tax preparation required for shareholder and financing relationships
- Assure protection of the company’s assets through design, implementation and maintenance of a comprehensive system of appropriate internal controls
- Monitor system controls and assist in developing procedures to improve existing processes while ensuring accuracy and maintaining the integrity of the transactional data
- Ensure compliance with all Federal, State and Local regulations
- Perform quarterly, bi-annual and annual internal audits on inventory, AP, AR and financial processes
- Execute a consistent operating cadence for daily, weekly and monthly financial performance reporting while providing analytical tools to help management meet targeted forecasts
- Assist in establishing variance analysis tools that clearly identifies key performance measures with periodic comparisons and budget-to-actuals
- Support the finance and commercial teams with financial modeling and analytics, ad-hoc requests and presentations
- Assist in cash flow forecasting by coordinating weekly with each business function to ensure accuracy of invoicing approvals, project classifications and general ledger coding
- Work with internal groups to build ERP and operational systems to provide more efficient, automated, and practical processes and reporting related to accounting functions
- Work directly with private equity firm and fund managers with monthly, annual and ad hoc reporting and processing
- Deliver extraordinary customer service by providing effective and value-add support to the Operations Manager, Program Manager, Sales Managers, customers and all critical suppliers
- Effectively work with operations and account executives to assist in making sound business decisions that optimizes the performance of the Company
- Work closely with all functions of the business to ensure local, state and federal regulatory compliance while performing quarterly internal audits
CANDIDATE PROFILE AND REQUIREMENTS:
The Director of Accounting & Controller is expected to operate at the highest standards of individual and corporate integrity, honor all commitments made while taking personal responsibility for actions/results. The candidate must foster an environment that encourages our core values:
- People First / Partnerships / Empathy –We understand that all people are people, none greater or lesser than another. We strive to build mutually beneficial relationships on foundations of solid trust and communication with our various stakeholders.
- Excellence/ Quality / Inspired–We will aim for perfection and achieve excellence in all we do. In everything we do, we will maintain the highest standards – our standards “Plus One” service will be commonplace from the routine and tactical to the strategic and long-term oriented. Every action will be pursued with excellence.
- Accountability/ Character / Integrity / Professionalism –As iron sharpens iron, so we sharpen one another. We believe that true accountability comes first from the individual (internal accountability) and then from the organization as represented by our superiors, peers, and direct reports (external accountability). We take ownership of our responsibilities while maintaining open communication, admitting fault and asking for help when needed whereby we create mutual accountability.
- Clarity / Communication / Truth / Kindness –We will never trade the truth of Kindness for the lie of Niceness. We have the awareness and ability to understand and accept the feelings of others and treat them with respect and compassion. This includes our responsibility to communicate candidly and constructively in a timely fashion while maintaining dignity.
- Engagement / Stewardship / Philanthropy / Community –We’ve received and are grateful; therefore, we give of our time, talents, and resources. We are generous and committed to improving the wellbeing of our neighbors, locally and globally. We encourage our team to take advantage of our culture that includes family and community focus, flexibility, and fun. We understand and respect the importance of healthy lives, seeking to promote them both internally and externally.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting
- MBA or CPA preferred but not required
- 10+ years of progressive accounting, technical accounting and financial reporting experience
- Big 4 experience a plus
- 5+ years in accounting leadership role with high-growth, fast-paced and/or start-up companies
- Advanced knowledge of Excel and ERP systems
- Excellent communication skills with all levels of the organization and private equity firm
- Proficient with S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Proven ability to multi-task, lead and execute with fluctuating priorities and deadlines
- Superior attention to detail
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- One/One meetings with VP of Finance and Accounting
- Weekly and Monthly departmental meetings with Team
- Monthly One/One meetings with direct reports
- Project focused meetings within department and cross-functional
- Other industry meetings/conferences as necessary
Contact us today to optimize your ATM experience.
Customer service is our top priority. We don’t have separate service groups handling large and small merchant accounts. We manage each customer equally, providing the highest level of service offered in the industry. You can reach a skilled customer service representative 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.