At Paramount we are committed to creating and cultivating a culture of PEACE.
This position will report to the Director of Accounting & Controller and will be responsible for assisting in cash management, including but not limited to posting of bank transactions into the general ledger, bank reconciliations, outstanding check management, cash summaries for management, and cash forecasting. A key focus of the role will be to implement and sustain cash management best practices throughout the organization to provide accurate, timely, and meaningful cash analysis for the Company.
In the role, the Accountant II will interact regularly with other corporate functions and proactively support operational teams that assist in daily decision making. This position will provide the insight and analytics to drive appropriate cash decisions for operations and management. Additionally, the Accountant II is responsible for providing accurate, intuitive, and timely daily and month-end cash reporting to allow risk mitigation and ensuring that the business achieves its financial objectives.
Every employee is expected to embrace the cultural standards defined by the Paramount Management Group Purpose and Values.
Accounting & Control
- Assist with daily general ledger transaction entries in accordance with GAAP for all banking activity
- Complete daily bank reconciliations between the general ledger and bank balance
- Manage outstanding checks, including following up on aging checks, voiding, and reissuing checks, and basic understanding of escheatment rules and regulations
- Complete daily cash summaries of all bank accounts throughout the organization to assist management in decision making over timing and amount of transfers and payments
- Complete weekly cash forecasts based on anticipated future cash inflows and outflows of the organization to assist management in cash transfer, payment, and/or borrowing decisions
- Assist in establishing, monitoring, and enforcing effective policies and procedures to ensure accurate, timely, and relevant analysis surrounding cash balances
- Work closely with the account department, finance department, and management in understanding of the purpose and use of different bank accounts to ensure proper utilization and general ledger accounting
- Monitor system controls and assist in developing procedures to improve existing processes while ensuring accuracy and maintaining the integrity of the transactional data
- Assist with certain accounting projects related to historic information to enhance the accuracy of our past financial statements and general ledger transactions, and to ensure the accuracy of future transactions and comparability
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- MBA or CPA preferred but not required
- 5+ years of progressive general ledger and/or cash management experience
- Private industry experience a plus
- Advanced knowledge of Excel and ERP systems
- Excellent communication skills with all levels of the organization and private equity firm
- Proficient with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Proven ability to multi-task, lead and execute with fluctuating priorities and deadlines
- Superior attention to detail
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Light office work
- One/One meetings with Director of Accounting & Controller
- Weekly and Monthly departmental meetings with Team
- Project focused meetings within department and cross-functional
- Other industry meetings/conferences as necessary
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employees may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Contact us today to optimize your ATM experience.
Customer service is our top priority. We don’t have separate service groups handling large and small merchant accounts. We manage each customer equally, providing the highest level of service offered in the industry. You can reach a skilled customer service representative 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.