At Paramount we are committed to creating and cultivating a culture of PEACE.
Accounts Payable Lead
This position will report to the Director of Accounting & Controller and will be responsible for assisting in and overseeing the accounts payable department and processes. A key focus of the role will be to develop, implement, and maintain a streamlined set of processes and controls to ensure efficient processing and accurate reporting of accounts payable.
In the role, the Accounts Payable Lead will assist with daily tasks such as accurate invoice entries into the general ledger system, collaborating with vendors on payment terms and inquiries, and obtaining invoice approval prior to payment. The Accounts Payable Lead will assist in weekly tasks such as check, ACH, and wire payments to accounts payable vendors, as well as transfers among bank accounts. The position will also assist in larger projects such as implementing a purchase order system throughout the organization, W-9 management including implementing new policies and procedures, and processes and procedures surroundings invoice approvals and credit card transaction approvals. The successful candidate will have experience directing the accounts payable department in a face paced, high growth environment while possessing the ability to progress into an Accounts Payable Manager role.
Every employee is expected to embrace the cultural standards defined by the Paramount Management Group Purpose and Values
Accounting & Control
- Entering of vendor invoices into the general ledger system, including ensuring coding is to the correct company, general ledger account, and department
- Obtaining approval for all invoices prior to payment
- Working closely with vendors to ensure each company’s accounts payable detail is accurate and up to date, and answering vendor inquiries
- Ensuring all vendors have up-to-date W-9 and payment information in the system
- Management daily and weekly cash transfers among bank accounts
- Determine the timing of payments to vendors, and ensuring the check, ACH, and wire payments are remitted on-time
- Negotiate advantageous payment terms with vendors
- Develop, implement, and maintain a formal invoice review and approval procedure that utilizes the company’s existing software capabilities
- Develop, implement, and maintain a formal purchase order process within the accounting system, and track open purchase orders for receipt and/or invoices, calculate month-end accruals as necessary, and determine appropriate timing of large purchases based on cash forecast models
- Assist in cleaning up the current W-9 document retention process by working to identify W-9’s we are missing, contact information we are missing, and W-9s that do not match the IRS database, and work with other departments within the organization to obtain updated W-9s and enter them into the system
- Develop, implement, and maintain a formal credit card transaction review and approval process
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- MBA or CPA preferred but not required
- 2+ years of progressive accounting and/or accounts payable experience
- Private accounting experience a plus
- Advanced knowledge of Excel and ERP systems
- Excellent communication skills with all levels of the organization and private equity firm
- Proficient with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Proven ability to multi-task, lead and execute with fluctuating priorities and deadlines
- Superior attention to detail
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Light office work
- One/One meetings with Director of Accounting & Controller
- Weekly and Monthly departmental meetings with Team
- Project focused meetings within department and cross-functional
- Other industry meetings/conferences as necessary
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employees may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Contact us today to optimize your ATM experience.
Customer service is our top priority. We don’t have separate service groups handling large and small merchant accounts. We manage each customer equally, providing the highest level of service offered in the industry. You can reach a skilled customer service representative 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.