At Paramount we are committed to creating and cultivating a culture of PEACE.
Accounts Payable Specialist
This position will report to the Director of Accounting & Controller and will be responsible for daily entry and approval over accounts payable invoices. A key focus of the role will be to implement and maintain a streamlined set of processes and controls to ensure efficient processing and accurate reporting of accounts payable.
In the role, the Accounts Payable Specialist will assist with daily tasks such as accurate invoice entries into the general ledger system, working with vendors on payment terms and inquiries, and obtaining invoice approval prior to payment. The Accounts Payable Specialist will assist in weekly tasks such as check, ACH, and wire payments to accounts payable vendors, as well as transfers among bank accounts. The position will also assist in larger projects such as implementing a purchase order system throughout the organization, W-9 management, and processes and procedures surroundings invoice approvals and credit card transaction approvals.
Every employee is expected to embrace the cultural standards defined by the Paramount Management Group Purpose and Values.
Accounting & Control
- Entering of vendor invoices into the general ledger system, including ensuring coding is to the correct company, general ledger account, and department
- Obtaining approval for all invoices prior to payment
- Working closely with vendors to ensure each company’s accounts payable detail is accurate and up to date, and answering vendor inquiries
- Ensuring all vendors have up-to-date W-9 and payment information in the system
- Management daily and weekly cash transfers among bank accounts
- Determine the timing of payments to vendors, and ensuring the check, ACH, and wire payments are remitted on-time
- Negotiate advantageous payment terms with vendors
- Implement and maintain a formal invoice review and approval procedure that utilizes the company’s existing software capabilities
- Assist with the implementation and maintenance of a formal purchase order process within the accounting system, and track open purchase orders for receipt and/or invoices
- Assist in ensuring vendors have accurate W-9s within the system
- Implement and maintain a formal credit card transaction review and approval process
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- 2+ years of accounts payable experience
- General ledger accounting experience a plus
- Advanced knowledge of Excel and ERP systems
- Excellent communication skills with all levels of the organization and private equity firm
- Proficient with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Proven ability to multi-task, lead and execute with fluctuating priorities and deadlines
- Superior attention to detail
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Light office work
- One/One meetings with Director of Accounting & Controller
- Weekly and Monthly departmental meetings with Team
- Project focused meetings within department and cross-functional
- Other industry meetings/conferences as necessary
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employees may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Contact us today to optimize your ATM experience.
Customer service is our top priority. We don’t have separate service groups handling large and small merchant accounts. We manage each customer equally, providing the highest level of service offered in the industry. You can reach a skilled customer service representative 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.