The AML Analyst assists in overseeing compliance within the ATM and BMT organizations, ensuring compliance with AML/BSA laws, FinCEN regulatory requirements, State Money Transmitter statutes, policies and procedures.
As a compliance leader and subject matter expert, this role is responsible for establishing standards and implementing procedures to ensure that the compliance programs throughout the organization are effective and efficient in identifying, preventing, detecting, potentially suspicious activity that may be indicative of Money Laundering, Terrorist Financing or other illicit transactions.
The AML Analyst has to provide reasonable assurance to management that there are effective and efficient policies and procedures in place, well and understood and respected by all employees, and that the company is complying with all regulatory requirements.
- Maintain the Company’s FinCEN registration and MTL licenses
- Implement and Enforce the Company’s AML Compliance Program
- Periodically update the AML Compliance manual
- Provide strategic direction to the management team on compliance implementation
- Prepare and present clear and concise compliance reports to the Board
- Provide AML training to Company staff
- Manage Compliance teams
- Interact with Federal and State regulators
- Interact with Federal and State Law Enforcement
- Coordinate efforts related to audits, reviews, and examinations
- Coordinate internal compliance review and monitoring activities
- Monitor external review processes
- Independently investigate Suspicious Activity
- Submit SARs and CTRs, timely, as required
Candidate Profile and Requirements:
The AML Analyst is expected to operate at the highest standards of individual and corporate integrity, honor all commitments made while taking personal responsibility for actions/results. The candidate must foster an environment that encourages our core values:
People First / Partnerships / Empathy –We understand that all people are people, none greater or lesser than another. We strive to build mutually beneficial relationships on foundations of solid trust and communication with our various stakeholders.
Excellence/ Quality / Inspired–We will aim for perfection and achieve excellence in all we do. In everything we do, we will maintain the highest standards – our standards “Plus One” service will be commonplace from the routine and tactical to the strategic and long-term oriented. Every action will be pursued with excellence.
Accountability/ Character / Integrity / Professionalism –As iron sharpens iron, so we sharpen one another. We believe that true accountability comes first from the individual (internal accountability) and then from the organization as represented by our superiors, peers, and direct reports (external accountability). We take ownership of our responsibilities while maintaining open communication, admitting fault and asking for help when needed whereby we create mutual accountability.
Clarity / Communication / Truth / Kindness –We will never trade the truth of Kindness for the lie of Niceness. We have the awareness and ability to understand and accept the feelings of others and treat them with respect and compassion. This includes our responsibility to communicate candidly and constructively in a timely fashion while maintaining dignity.
Engagement / Stewardship / Philanthropy / Community –We’ve received and are grateful; therefore, we give of our time, talents, and resources. We are generous and committed to improving the wellbeing of our neighbors, locally and globally. We encourage our team to take advantage of our culture that includes family and community focus, flexibility, and fun. We understand and respect the importance of healthy lives, seeking to promote them both internally and externally.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or related field
- 3+ years of professional AML experience
- Excellent Microsoft suite of products with advanced skills in Microsoft Excel and Access
- Excellent skills in using advanced financial reporting and budgeting tools
- Excellent communication skills
- Takes initiative, highly motivated
- Superior attention to detail
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- One/One meetings with CCO
- Weekly and Monthly departmental meetings with Team
- Project focused meetings within department and cross-functional
- Other industry meetings/conferences as necessary
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employees may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.