At Paramount we are committed to creating and cultivating a culture of PEACE.
VP, Accounting & Finance
This position will report to the CFO/COO and will be responsible for leading in areas such as technical accounting and processes, Information Technology and systems, M&A financial reviews, financial analysis and operations finance. A key focus of the role will be to expand operational analytics and corporate financial reporting while driving process efficiencies for all areas of the Company.
In the role, the VP, Accounting and Finance will interact regularly with other corporate functions and proactively support operational teams that assist in daily decision making. This position will provide the insight and analytics to drive cost savings initiatives and process improvements for operations management. Additionally, the VP, Accounting and Finance is responsible for providing accurate, intuitive and timely month-end reporting, the monitoring of key performance measures and risk mitigation to assist in ensuring that the business achieves its financial objectives. This position will drive the creation of the Company’s annual forecast while maintaining the tracking towards our strategic plan and overall budgets. The successful candidate will have experience directing all aspects of accounting and finance operations in a fast paced, high growth environment while possessing the gravitas and finance executive acumen to progress into the Chief Financial Officer.
Accounting & Control
- Manage the monthly close cycle while assisting in the lead of making accounting decisions in accordance to GAAP related to general ledger maintenance and account reconciliations
- Establish, monitor and enforce effective policies and procedures to ensure flawless guidance surrounding inventory, fixed asset, customer reporting, billing and collection efforts
- Coordinate and administer accounting and financial systems to ensure accuracy and integrity of financial information within the business
- Work closely with service and program management teams to maintain working knowledge of capital projects and their impact on all financial aspects of the company
- Assist external accounting firm engaged to perform reporting and tax preparation required for shareholder and financing relationships
- Assure protection of the company’s assets through design, implementation and maintenance
of a comprehensive system of appropriate internal controls
- Monitor system controls and assist in developing procedures to improve existing processes while ensuring accuracy and maintaining the integrity of the transactional data
Financial Analysis and Reporting
- Responsible for the preparation of accurate financial statements within a deadline driven close process and distributing monthly reporting packages to Executive and Management teams
- Execute a consistent operating cadence for daily, weekly and monthly financial performance reporting while providing analytical tools to help management meet targeted forecasts
- Establish variance analysis tools that clearly identifies key performance measures with periodic comparisons and budget-to-actuals
- Support the finance and commercial teams with financial modeling and analytics, ad-hoc requests and presentations
- Proactively identify and communicate operational budget risks and opportunities through variance, bridges & decision support analysis
- Assist in cash flow forecasting by coordinating weekly with each business function to ensure accuracy of projected purchasing, deployments and operating maintenance
- Develop analysis and reporting by utilizing internal industry specific software that assists management in accomplishing its key objectives toward achieving the business’ strategic plan
- Oversee the valuation and preparations of M&A opportunities which include modeling and financial due diligence processes with assistance from FP&A Analyst
- Work directly with private equity firm and fund managers with monthly, annual and ad hoc reporting
Operational, IT and Administration Support
- Deliver extraordinary customer service by providing effective and value-add support to the Operations Manager, Program Manager, Sales Managers, customers and all critical suppliers
- Effectively work with operations and account executives to assist in making sound business decisions that optimizes the performance of the Company
- Develop and distribute routine reporting procedures that measures key performance criteria in areas that proactively manage operating uptime, service history, budgets and financial trends
- Work closely with all functions of the business to ensure local, state and federal regulatory compliance while performing quarterly internal audits
- Engage with operations and finance teams in bi-weekly meetings that drive consistent communication, root causes analysis and highlight cross-functional expectations
- Lead day-to-day support of employee relations and payroll function while assisting the CFO in human resources topics and associated decision making
CANDIDATE PROFILE AND REQUIREMENTS:
The VP, Accounting and Finance is expected to operate at the highest standards of individual and corporate integrity, honor all commitments made while taking personal responsibility for actions/results. The candidate must foster an environment that encourages our core values:
- People First / Partnerships / Empathy –We understand that all people are people, none greater or lesser than another. We strive to build mutually beneficial relationships on foundations of solid trust and communication with our various stakeholders.
- Excellence/ Quality / Inspired–We will aim for perfection and achieve excellence in all we do. In everything we do, we will maintain the highest standards – our standards “Plus One” service will be commonplace from the routine and tactical to the strategic and long-term oriented. Every action will be pursued with excellence.
- Accountability/ Character / Integrity / Professionalism –As iron sharpens iron, so we sharpen one another. We believe that true accountability comes first from the individual (internal accountability) and then from the organization as represented by our superiors, peers, and direct reports (external accountability). We take ownership of our responsibilities while maintaining open communication, admitting fault and asking for help when needed whereby we create mutual accountability.
- Clarity / Communication / Truth / Kindness –We will never trade the truth of Kindness for the lie of Niceness. We have the awareness and ability to understand and accept the feelings of others and treat them with respect and compassion. This includes our responsibility to communicate candidly and constructively in a timely fashion while maintaining dignity.
- Engagement / Stewardship / Philanthropy / Community –We’ve received and are grateful; therefore, we give of our time, talents, and resources. We are generous and committed to improving the wellbeing of our neighbors, locally and globally. We encourage our team to take advantage of our culture that includes family and community focus, flexibility, and fun. We understand and respect the importance of healthy lives, seeking to promote them both internally and externally.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting
- MBA or CPA preferred but not required
- 15+ years of progressive accounting, financial analysis and/or operations finance experience
- 10+ years in senior finance leadership role with high-growth, fast-paced and/or start-up companies
- Advanced knowledge of Excel and ERP systems
- Excellent communication skills with all levels of the organization and private equity firm
- Proficient with S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Proven ability to multi-task, lead and execute with fluctuating priorities and deadlines
- Superior attention to detail
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- One/One meetings with CFO/COO
- Weekly and Monthly Leadership Team meetings
- Weekly and Monthly departmental meetings with teams
- Monthly One/One meetings with direct reports
- Project focused meetings as required
- Other industry meetings/conferences as necessary
Contact us today to optimize your ATM experience.
Customer service is our top priority. We don’t have separate service groups handling large and small merchant accounts. We manage each customer equally, providing the highest level of service offered in the industry. You can reach a skilled customer service representative 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.